Our annual Sunday evening meal for the St. Vincent DePaul Soup kitchen will be held on Sunday, November 22, 2015. This has been a fun event and our Methodist cooking has always been well received by the soup kitchen guests! There are many ways you can help with this mission project.
We will need donations for the paper/plastic ware (small plates, bowls, spoons and knives) and for the groceries to feed 150 people.
We also need VOLUNTEERS to:
• to cook the soup at home (5 more volunteers as Marsha and I plan to cook)
• to make cookies for desert ( a variety will be fine)
• to bring the meal to the soup kitchen or to arrange to have it picked up
• to set up and serve the meal to the soup kitchen guests
• to clean up after the meal
The Missions Committee will put together soup making kits with recipe and the soup ingredients for those cooking the soup. Th cooks are being asked to contribute the 1 pound of ground beef for the recipee. The meal will be soup, bread and cheese, cookies, and coffee or tea.