Fifth Sunday in Lent
"So Much Promise!"
Barbara Marks, Pastor
Please join us for worship
Sunday at 10:00 a.m.
The Elk’s Lodge
44 Maynard Street, Middletown, CT
Hyacinths, Tulips, and Daffodils are $7.00 each and Easter Lilies are $16.00 each. If you would like to sponsor one or more plants to decorate the alter on Easter please sign up on the form located at the Usher Table or call the church office.
The order deadline is March 18, 2018.
Thank You – to Bill Very for coming and sharing his gift of special music with us today.
Holy Week -
- Palm/Passion Worship Service – Sunday, March 25th - 10am Elks Ballroom 44 Maynard St
- Maundy Thursday Service on Thursday, March 29th - 7 p.m. 221 Ridge Rd
- Easter Sunday Service – Sunday, April 1st - 10am Elks Ballroom 44 Maynard St
Easter Flowers – Hyacinths, Tulips, and Daffodils are $7.00 each and Easter Lilies are $16.00 each. If you would like to sponsor one or more plants to decorate the altar on Easter please sign up on the form located at the Usher Table. The order deadline is March 18, 2018.
Coffee Hour - will be hosted by group John on Sunday, March 18, 2018. Please see Megan Camp for details.
When God’s Spirit Moves – Six-Session for Lent – Jim Cymbala explores the works of the Holy Spirit to bring a fresh sense of God’s power to the church and our lives.
What happens when the Holy Spirit moves powerfully within a church? Through this six-session study you will learn how:
- To make room for the Spirit’s action in your life and in your church
- God wants to work through your gifts and talents to enable you to do what only he can do
- To listen or the voice of the Spirit in prayer and how to apply God’s Word to your life
- The Spirit can bring healing to your body, your emotions, and your relationships; how a life lived in the presence of the Spirit can transform the church and the world
God is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think! Ephes 3:20
Our church can become a place where people regularly experience God’s presence and God’s power. (but only if you share it!)
Prayer Circle - will meet TODAY following Worship and will continue each Sunday. Please see Dianne Bayley-Clark for more information.
Draw the Circle– by Mark Batterson continues throughout Lent! I invite you to join Dave and me in prayer for the forty days. You are asked to read one chapter a day, about three pages, but you will want to read more. It will be a blessing for you to start or end your day this way. Find out how circling prayer can enhance your life and grow our church. If you only take on one discipline this Lent have it be this!
Finance Committee - will meet Wednesday, March 28st at 7pm, at the Parsonage. Please see Nancy Burton for more information.